"It is not who you are that matters...It is what you do that does"

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year Resolutions

So every year people make resolutions that they never keep. Some they struggle with and do for a short time and others don't even get started. I am one of those people who have done some resolutions myself and never even started or finished. But this year I am hoping to change that (I guess that would also be a resolution, lol).

But the one thing that is different this year, than previous years is some knowledge I have gained last year. That you can not start something and expect to get at your target behavior, end goal tomorrow. That it takes time. And you can not expect to start at the very top. Meaning if you are going to diet, you can't cut everything out in one day. And then start the next day with nothing. Why??? Because then you are doomed to fail, you need to take steps, sometimes baby steps. You need to give yourself a strong reinforcement that is going to help you reach that target goal.

So here are my New Year resolutions (in no particular order):

1. Lose 40 lbs by July
2. Start a 365 Picture blog
3. Start a family/me blog
4. Achieve better study habits
5. Organize my scrapbook areas
6. De clutter the house (meaning get rid of stuff we no longer use or haven't used in a long time). Put it up on craigslist, freecycle, goodwill, or throw away
7. Make one scrapbook a month (either for myself or friends or family members).
8. Make at least 10 cards or altered items each month
9. Start a new way of eating/thinking/exercise program (both cardio/toning) to make me a healthier me.
10. Read a book of interest (other than school books) 1 books at least per 1 1/2 months.
11. Send through snail mail a card, letter, note to a friend (5 per month)
12. Couple time for me and Kevin. One date just the two of us at least 1 per month.

I tried finding things I wanted to change even if just a little that would help my mind, body, and soul.

Baby steps

4 comments:

  1. Welcome to blog land :). I wish I would have written down my resolution for the New Year, I guess I can always still do it. I'm with you on losing weight, so we can do our EA Sports Active together again. I'm going to start Active 2 on Monday. I don't know how this one is set up but if it has a challenge I will be doing it. Are you in with me?
    Well, again welcome to blog land, I'm here if you need encouragement, an ear or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Juanita. Yes I am in again, lol. Kevin got me that Dance Wii Game also, that I have been wanting. I am so ready to lose this weight. But this time taking it slower and doing beginner or intermediate, not advanced. That killed me last time. Monday sounds good, that gives me tomorrow to measure certain parts of my body to see where I am losing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have the active 2 but the first one but at least we can work out together whatever it be....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly, we don't need to be doing the same thing. We just need be there to encourage each other. It's too hard to do it alone.

    ReplyDelete